Thursday, February 10, 2011

a few more thoughts for today.

I wanted to post my adventures with donating blood last night but, you know, I was pretty tired from the whole thing.  Now I feel great!  A whole pint lighter.  :P

In other news, I took the plunge.  I posted something about myself on a classifieds ad for critique partners.  [Is that the plunge?  I'm not sure.  Maybe submitting work is the actual plunge.  We'll call this the baby plunge.]  Don't worry, it was on a blog I frequent and not just out in the middle of Internet Wasteland.  And, like the big, fearless girl that I am, I've contacted a few of the other writers.  It's been fun and scary and I don't think I've checked my email this compulsively since I was in college, stalking boys.

It's been such a blast learning that I'm not alone in what I like to read and write.  Isn't that a ridiculous thing to just now be learning?  It's not like I don't have real life writer friends (hello, real life writer friends!), but meeting new people who share interests and passions is just thrilling.  And anyway, all my real life writer friends are published poets, and a lot better than me.  :)

Another amazing thing that's happened is... I have new followers!  Whom I don't know in real life!  Hello, there!  Ooh, I feel so interesting.  

So, this is just a quick note to say, thanks for following.  And to my potential crit buddies, thanks for giving me a chance to get to know you.  This is so fun!  Now I only need to tear myself away from blogs and emails, so I can move ahead with writing and actually have something to show for myself.  Ha!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower. Hi. :) But you do know me... if you didn't remember it... Your dear Katie is my cousin. Also, I am a writer friend, too... although not published. But I'm here for encouragement if you need it! I know I often do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisabeth! Yay! Oh, I'm so happy to see you here. :) We should talk about writing more, for sure. And anything else, of course. See you on the mountain this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to be there, for sure :) Maybe I'll even go up this year! Guess I better get in shape again. All this snow and ice has made me lethargic.
    Enjoyed reading your post on the tornado.
    Follow me on my blog, too, if you like: http://fairbettysworld.blogspot.com Sometimes it's writing, sometimes photography, sometimes just day to day life I blab about on there. I'll see ya about the internets ;)

    ReplyDelete

You like to comment? I like to respond!
Either by email or on your blog, starting... now!