My Katie is here, and we had a well deserved girls night out. Girls evening out, really. I finally bought a thing I've had my eyes on for quite some time:
Coconut shell earrings. I ended up with two pairs, actually. A light and a dark. Only $5 each! And I was all like, yeah I want two! Then I sat down in front of the full length mirror-- right there in the store-- and wiggled and fumbled until I was finally able to work those fastening posts. It's not like you can see anything back there. It was kind of like putting in contacts for the first time. Hopefully I'll master these the way I mastered that. Also, Fizz is a really neat place. Go check out that link. Jewelry/funky stuff heaven. Hmm. Kind of like the rest of Market Square. But I am not complaining about that.
So, here are 7 things I'm loving right now:
1. This video:
MARCEL THE SHELL WITH SHOES ON from Dean Fleischer-Camp on Vimeo.
Thank you, Leslie.
2. Coconut earrings. Check.
3. Our new kitten, of course. And the fact that said kitten likes to sleep under the covers. And that he is nursing on my pinky finger right now.
4. Dahlonega, GA. The name "Dahlonega," which comes from a Cherokee word for gold, is not pronounced, "daluh-NAY-ga," which is what I would have thought, but "dah-LOHN-ega," which is so much more pleasing to my ears. Everyone in North Georgia is rolling their eyes at me right now, but I wanted to share my delight anyway.
5. Poetry. I want to read more of it.
6. All the music Crooked Still has ever made. Sampling, here:
7. The way I feel on fall nights. Romantic. Adventurous. Nostalgic. Excited for nothing in particular.
That's all, I suppose, though surely I could go on for hours.