Thursday, January 26, 2012

thoughts from the kitchen sink. or: the best way for me to do dishes?

BLOG ABOUT UNRELATED THINGS AT THE SAME TIME.

So, for your edification and entertainment, here's what's going on in my head as I slog though hot, soapy water and partially deconstructed food chunks {yay!}:

1. Preparing coffee in a clear glas = way too much fun.


But I am easily entertained.

2. I cannot get enough of:


Seriously, my husband is likely rolling his eyes for all the times he's heard this video, emanating from somewhere in the house in the past week.

He could also be wondering, "I thought she was going to do the dishes?"

Lucky for me, he is, in fact, asleep.

Still... *sigh*


*HOUSEWORK BREAK*
{not to be confused with its infinitely more awesome cousin,
*dance break*}

half-a-sink later:

*SHE EMERGES!*

Major news, you guys:

3. I met John and Hank Green in Phoenix last night!!



gasp!

eeeeeek!



giddy
fangirl
squee-fest!





...


Vicariously, that is.



Thank you, Jess. Friends in high places, seriously.


MORE ON THIS TO COME.
{It gets even better.}
{Special shout out to Jeigh, as well.}

4. I've been reading The Plot Whisperer like a fiend, lately. A little, uh... new age-y, in some places, but  I can still {very much} dig it. 

new iphone case {via etsy}! whee!
In fact, I'm heading to The Necessary Evil* right now to get supplies for my shiny-new PLOT PLANNER! {I don't know if I need much I don't already have, but the ritual of "going to the store to get stuff" is immensely helpful to me. So here I go.}

*also known as Walmart.


That's all for now, friends.
Here's to a lovely and relaxing Thursday evening!



6 comments:

  1. I took a break from eating a pickle to tell you...HEY THAT'S ME! :D I can't wait til you get your surprise (it's on its way...)! Also, I'm super excited to read The Plot Whisperer. That is all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love that video too. My husband played it for me and was like,"do you like this song?" I said, "yeah, I have it." Then he turns the computer towards me and I was like, "what the heck! That is so cool!"

    I also enjoyed your necessary evil comment. Because it's spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SUCH an idiot. I sat here for longer than I can admit staring at your pictures wondering how you managed to get your coffee to change colour.

    Shoot me now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh...I had a few witty comments...but then I saw your iPhone case and my brain turned to mush. Preeeeeeety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I indulge in the necessary evil at least once a week. It happens :) Good luck on your plotting! Maybe I need to read that book.

    By the way, you won the contest on my blog :) Feel free to send your first chapter to me anytime!

    ReplyDelete

You like to comment? I like to respond!
Either by email or on your blog, starting... now!