Thursday, November 3, 2011

nano update: day three.

Guess what I'm not doing right now? It's not about not knowing what to write. That tends to come on its own. It's the distractions, the overpowering urge to collect cartoon money from make-believe zoo animals on my phone. Have I mentioned that I no longer take ADD meds? Truth.

Okay. Time to get back on my feet. Did you see the fabulous NaNoWriMo buttons that Sommer Leigh made? Here are three that I snagged:



Of course I went for the one with Shakespeare on it.

And, since this is fun from time to time, want to hear my current musical inspiration? It's Chopin, and I love it. The person who uploaded this video wrote "sad song" as the description, but I've always felt it was more of a subdued-happy song. Oh, music, you and your subjectivity.

Okay, so, here it is: Chopin's "Tristesse." It plays a major part in my NaNo story, which, contrary to what the images on the video may lead you to believe, has absolutely nothing to do with angels.


Alrighty, back to the grindstone I go.

Oh, and uh, by the way. We're going to NYC tomorrow! Husband's running the marathon, we're going to see Warhorse {hee! puppets!}, eat at at least one restaurant we've seen on TV, and hang out with fairbetty, herself. All the more reason to write a crap ton this afternoon.

I can do it!

11 comments:

  1. yay you and your husband too. i am so awed by anyone who runs a marathon. Have a grat time in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so beautiful.

    Good luck to hubby tomorrow. (Your hubby, obviously, not mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute buttons :). I hope your husband does well and that it's a good day for running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the buttons! Good luck on your travels and nano!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Joshua good luck for me! He'll do awesome, I'm sure! Don't forget my postcard, now :B

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it, and your hubby can do it too... honestly I'm a little jealous that he runs so much...

    I did a sprint triathlon, but that's nothing compared to a marathon, unless you can't siwm, then I'm awesome!!!

    cute buttons, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy NaNo Day Five! I love love love that you love the buttons! (those are some of my favorite from the group too)

    I really love the Chopin too. It's such a great emotional piece.

    Hopefully the initial excitement is still going strong, but if not I've come with a toolbox of inspiration. Ready?

    First, quote of the day: Don't give up what you want most for what you want right now.

    Second, NaNo Tip of the Day: Don't forget to reward yourself. It is often easier to notice our lagging word count numbers than to notice how far we've already come.

    Good luck!!! Just keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful buttons. I'd have a hard time choosing among them, but the Shakespeare one would probably win out with me too.

    Guess this is award week. Want your Versatile Blogger Award from the Write Game? It's there, waiting for you when you return from NY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your NaNo goes great. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by to have a look around.

    NEW FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You like to comment? I like to respond!
Either by email or on your blog, starting... now!