Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11 at 11:11 am.

When I was in high school, my best friend and I habitually kept watch over the time, for the sole purpose of celebrating at 11:11. Preferably twice a day.

Part of it was all the ones. And part of it was in anticipation of her 11/11 birthday.

Happy birthday, Dani. 

Happy wedding day, Jess!

And a very happy Once-in-a-Lifetime Day to everyone else. 
A good time to do something memorable.


Me, I'm going to go meet up with some 'Nooga Wrimos and try to catch up.

I owe you:

*One blog post about my trip to New York.
(so wish I had a War Horse post to put up for Armistice/Veterans Day, but... writing... ugh.)

*One blog post about a NaNo myth that I have either unraveled... or confirmed.

Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. My husband swears he has something going on with double time. Like some miracle is going to happen whenever he looks at the clock and it's 12:12 or 3:33. Still waiting. ;)

    I'm going to dance just like that to celebrate. Arm flinging is my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo... now I want to know what this myth is! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. guess what, my friend always used to watch for 11:11 too, and we always mades wishes and yeah, basically it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested in knowing about the NaNo myth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little did you know, I danced like that for a good part of yesterday :) We didn't watch for 11:11, but 111 seemed to follow me and my family where ever we went. Still to this day, it pops up all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is something kind of magical in numbers that line up all in a row. It's always nice to see symmetry in this chaos I call my life. Seems like NY treated you well and I see you are wearing your fingers down to a NaNoWriMo nub. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a little late, but 11-11-11 was my brother's birthday. His nephews declared it his Extra Credit birthday, so my sister-in-law and I made him both his favorite cake (chocolate chip pound cake!) and cheesecake for his birthday. It was the best Extra Credit birthday ever.
    I'm excited to hear about this NaNo myth...!

    ReplyDelete

You like to comment? I like to respond!
Either by email or on your blog, starting... now!