Monday, August 15, 2011

As much as I would love to regale you, gentle readers, with all my thoughts on moving, reading in the car while moving, my first week of owning an iPhone, and the wonder that is a latte with hazelnut, alas... I have three u-haul truckloads of junk to unpack.

So, instead, I thought I'd share with you my current favorite youtube videos.

First of all, I think I want one of these in a couple years:


And if you think that's great (because it is), here's Billy Collins himself reciting "Litany."


I'd be lying if I said the following dumb song hasn't been stuck in my head for three days...
but it is surprisingly conducive to getting things done.


Okay, we're about to spiral into mega little-girl-territory (but it's so worth it!). If you don't want to sit here for 22 minutes to watch an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I understand.
But if you think you can handle it? Oh man. So great.


And... my current very favorite. I posted this a while back, but it won't hurt to post it again.


(sigh.)

Have a lovely Monday, friends! I'll be here. Loving on some boxes. :)


2 comments:

  1. First of all, tell Joshua I hope he outlives you just so you don't turn into a cat lady. Because, Julie, you can only hug a select number of cats.

    Secondly, I...didn't watch My Little Pony. Just felt the need to confess.

    Third, that alone poem is lovely. I like going to movies alone.

    And finally, when you say you want one of those in a couple years, ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US SOMETHING?? Because I will go baby clothes shopping for you right now, lady! :)

    (Poetry...that's what my kids are lacking...poetry.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yes, I do have the harrowing potential to become a cat lady. As long as I don't get obsessive about hugging them, right? (Probably not going to happen. I already hug them. But I am PERFECTLY CONTENT to only hug two.)

    One of these days, when you *do* watch that episode of My Little Pony, I will be here to catch your guffaws and your, "Oh my gosh, I thought that title sequence was going to do me in, but the curses! The curses were so funny!"-ies. (Also, for once, I'm recommending a show to you that you can *definitely* watch with your kids. The fact that I *don't* watch it with kids, but while hugging my cats, makes me a leeeeettle weird.)

    I, too, enjoy going to movies alone! One of the best movie-going experiences I ever had was when I went to see Return of the King solo.

    And, well, yes, I might want one of those in a couple years, but I was trying to be specific. I need to find a three-year-old who recites poetry. Let me know if you come across any (and you're more than welcome to start buying him clothes-- goodness knows I don't know how to dress anyone but myself). :)

    ReplyDelete

You like to comment? I like to respond!
Either by email or on your blog, starting... now!