Perhaps I should write something? I've got that pesky, "phoo, I'm too boring to blog," thing going on. I don't know what the problem is. Not knowing where to start? I believe that's it. I just don't know where to start. Maybe I'll make a list (and some lists within that list).
1. I am now officially a library volunteer! Perks include: name tag; discount at cafe when donning said name tag; being asked questions (no, really, today was my FIRST DAY, and I was approached twice, by two different people, regarding two separate things I knew nothing about, but it was great [extension perk of the name tag]); rolling seat, if you're in a sit-and-shelve mood; free schedule; abundance of books. Today, I spied: a book by the real Allison Dubois, which was incredibly timely, since Joshua and I are currently obsessed with watching Medium on Netflix; the very copy of Patrick Ness's The Ask and The Answer that I had just turned in (ha!); a copy of Winter's Bone; and the bizarre discovery that this library shelves the Harry Potter books (at least #s 6 and 7) in adult fiction instead of YA. Hrm. Same went for Susan Beth Pfeffer's The Dead and The Gone, which was one of my favorite reads of last summer. Weird, right? Speaking of, I had to giggle when the woman who was training me pointed out where the YA section was. Believe me, if I know any section of this library backwards and forwards, it's that one.
2. I am about halfway through Ness's Monsters of Men, the conclusion to Chaos Walking, and I've gotta say, I am AFRAID to finish it. Not necessarily because I don't feel like it will end well, but because I'll miss it so much. This hasn't happened since... since... I don't know. Mockingjay, probably.
3. Remember when I recently admitted that I am mildly in love with anime? Well. Turns out that was a dangerous conclusion for me to make, because now I feel like I have to watch ALL OF IT. Tsk, tsk. It'll still be there tomorrow, self. And... is it really benefitting me, anyway? Sometimes splurging is fun, but only sometimes.
4. The Big Thing going on in my life right now, I suppose, is that I've recently connected with two new writer friends who have been incredibly encouraging to me. The funny part is that I knew both of these writers in real life, without even knowing that they wrote, let alone that they wrote YA, until recently. One is being published this winter, the other is on submission and an active member of SCBWI, and I... pretty much want to be just like them. [You know who you are.]
It's amazing to me how certain chapters in my life unfold. Sometimes I hold back, doubt myself, want to give up, but then the Lord blesses me with all these little nudges in the right direction, and, if not open doors, at least a cracked window with a nice breeze blowing through. It's a really good feeling. And something tells me that I'm going to need it, because I'm going in for round two, real, real soon.
5. I'm sore, but exercising regularly again is worth it.
6. It's June?
7. I think this is the end of my list. Til next time!