Sunday, January 9, 2011

the beginnings of booksplurge 2011.

On the eighth day of 2011 (also known as yesterday), I came to a resolution I like the sound of.  It's not so much a resolution as a goal, really.

I want to read a hundred books by Christmas.  Ba-haa!!!  I read almost 30 last year, without trying, so I figure that if I try at it, I can easily read about 8 books a month.  Totally doable.  I read six books this past October (again, without trying), so how hard can it be?

Somewhere, someone with experience in this endeavor is laughing at me.

Long, thoughtful sigh...

Okay, so maybe not a hundred.  Let's say sixty, and if I go over, yay!  If not, then, hey.  I'll still be reading five books a month.  And I'll share them with you!  Thus far this month/year, I've read:
Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins, and
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.

Two down, three to go.  Of course, Gregor is the first in a series of five, and, um, I kind of want to read them all tonight, so I have a feeling I'll exceed my goal (providing that the goal is five) for the month.  Not to mention the other two books I still have out from the library: Like A Thorn by Clara Vidal, and White Cat by Holly Black.  But I don't just want to read novels for young people this year (though they are, undoubtedly, my favorite).  For instance, I'm also currently in the middle of CS Lewis's gem Perelandra, which I cannot believe I never read before.  There are a TON of others on my list, not all fiction, not all for children, and not all written in prose.  Ooh!  I hope we can all be excited together.

This is me
(if I had really long, really dark hair
 and a highly pronounced collarbone),
drowning in 2011.
[from here]
Sidenote:  I'm not including the Bible in this particular goal, because it has its own resolution.  And I mean resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You like to comment? I like to respond!
Either by email or on your blog, starting... now!